loading...

Day trading/scalping with just 1 pair (BTCUSD)?

Share:
https://ift.tt/2NmfESQ https://ift.tt/eA8V8JDay trading/scalping with just 1 pair (BTCUSD)?
/u/zon03

Ok first of all please don't let this thread turn into another anti day trading rant. Those 90% facts are true but only for people who don't understand proper risk/bankroll management and have a well defined strategy.

I have quite a decent enough edge when trading stocks or forex, but with my strategy and small account size the fees usually eat up the profit. So I have started trading BTC perpetual contract swaps on BitMEX as I can long or short with leverage for little to no fees.

My problem now though is that as I am limited to only trading 1 or 2 pairs, I feel that I am taking trades that I shouldn't be just to keep up my trading volume....

Right now, I have started rating potential trades from 1-10, and adjusting my risk based on that. And trying to think a few moves ahead for what set ups could appear then setting alerts and waiting for them.

But does anyone have any other advice/strategy adjustments for trading when you are stuck to ju st 1 or 2 pairs?

Edit: I am currently trying to make 2-3 trades per day with around 0.5-2% account risk per trade and between 1:1 to 2:1 risk reward ratios.

submitted by /u/zon03
[link] [comments]
RSS Feed

Bitcoin Lover


Unsubscribe from these notifications or sign in to manage your Email Applets.

IFTTT

No comments